Monday, April 5, 2010

walmart & waves

We have a love-hate relationship with Walmart. Love that they carry nearly every essential item we could possibly need; hate that our Walmart is so over-crowded 99.9% of the time. I was forced to run in to ours today, on Easter Sunday, and was quickly reminded why I so rarely venture there. Per usual, they had moved various items all around, so I could not easily find the items I needed. Also, they were completely out of Dr. Pepper. This may be a bit rant-ish, but come on, really? WALMART is OUT of Dr. Pepper? What the?! Pepsi will suffice, for tonight. I did run into a good friend and his g/f, so that was a nice surprise. I am safely home from my outing, and am thinking back over the day and the performance of my new shampoo, conditioner, and liquid curling gel by SexyHair. The first thing I noticed when I opened my shampoo bottle was the delectable scent. Truly, this is the most wonderful scented shampoo/conditioner that I have ever tried in my life, so they were already off to a great start, in my book. :o) I began to lather up, and was amazed at how luxurious the shampoo felt. It was as though I could literally feel my hair getting more thick and more volume as a lathered. After rinsing, my hair still felt very thick. The conditioner had a slightly different scent, but it was definitely within the same scent family, and I had to use very little to work through all of my hair, roots to ends. Again, I was startled that my hair felt so different before I had even dried it. I toweled my hair dry, parted it, and proceeded to follow the instructions for the liquid curling gel. As I worked the product through my waves, I found that I disliked the texture of the gel. It was fairly thin, nearly runny. It did leave my hands pretty sticky, but that is common with gels. After washing my hands, I used the diffuser on my hairdryer to blow it out on low heat. I was astounded by how much more curl my hair had. My curls were springy, and held their shape all day long. I had hardly ANY frizz, which I loved, and my hair had a very healthy shine to it. I prefer my hair to simply have some wave, but after using these products, I can safely say that my hair was CURLY. So, they do live up to their promise. I think that someone with more natural curl would probably like these products a little more, because I could see these products really working for someone with thick, very curly hair. I will continue to use it, and I may buy it again in the future. At Ulta, I paid $12.95 for the shampoo, $13.95 for the conditioner, and $15.95 for the curling gel. Today, I found the same products online through amazon.com for about $1.50 less per bottle. (However, keep in mind that what I paid at Ulta was full price, and I'll be going back with my receipt to be reimbursed for the 20% off, so it should be a little less than what is listed on amazon when all is said and done.) Bottom line: This product is great. I will use it. If you have curly, not wavy hair, it is DEFINITELY for you. m

2 comments:

Erin said...

I haven't been to a Wal-Mart since I moved to DC. It's sad. I don't even know where the closest one is!

m + j said...

I envy you this. When at all possible, I avoid boarding that sinking ship, but sometimes, only a Wal-Mart will do.

Post a Comment

 

avandia