Sunday, April 18, 2010

fruit & family


On Friday, we received a package from the good people at Peter Rabbit Organics. They sent us some samples of their new Fruit Puree Pouches to try! Their new treat has no added sugar, preservatives or artificial ingredients, and they are artfully packaged in pouches that are fun for kids from all walks of life! I was a bit skeptical upon first inspection, because the pouches were quite... Well, squishy, for lack of a better word. Kids, however, will be enamored by this. :o) There are three flavors at this time: Mango/Banana/Orange, Strawberry/Banana, & Apple/Grape. My favorite is the Apple/Grape, and J likes the Mango/Banana/Orange combo. The texture is different than I expected-it's incredibly similar to applesauce, which is a GOOD thing. Upon inspection, the Apple/Grape pouch contains 80 calories. 0 Fat. 0 Cholest. 19g Carbs. 19g Sugars. 9% Vitamin C. All in all, not too terrible a snack for your little ones. Or your big ones. :o) We will definitely be looking for them in the grocery stores, and I am sure many other people will too! This weekend also marked my brother and B's first wedding shower. It was a fun, Mexican Riviera-themed party, and I had a great time visiting with family. After the shower, I spent time at my parent's house, playing games and talking with my siblings and parents. Those of you that have seen the movie "While You Were Sleeping" may recall a certain scene in which the family is having Christmas dinner. During this scene, there are approximately 14 different conversations taking place at the same time and at the same table. If you did not grow up in a large family, this would probably be quite overwhelming to you. For us, that was just part of daily life. In fact, when one of us is absent, it seems too quiet. I have six younger siblings, ranging in age from 24 to 9. It is not unheard of to go from discussing politics to discussing Weird Al's latest in a matter of minutes. And yet, I wouldn't change it for the world. You can imagine, in a house of nine people, how many sibling tussles and arguments could occur, and don't get me wrong- we definitely had our fair share. That is probably the reason that I am so grateful for the relationships we have now. Driving home from Excelsior Springs yesterday, my little brother N, who is 13, surprised me with a comment. "M," he said. "Yes?" I replied. "I am really glad that you are my sister." We have recently extended our family through marriages, and we will be gaining another sibling in a few short months. I am thankful for each and every one of them, and love saying that I have THREE sisters and SEVEN brothers. :o) The world would be a darker place for me without each and every one. I will leave you with this shot I took from our patio this afternoon. It reminds me of the growth, beauty and new beginnings that come with this season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia