Tuesday, April 6, 2010

movies & meals

Tonight, J and I visited the brand new Studio Movie Grill at Zona. (North of the river near KCI.) We wanted to have a date night, and a cousin of mine posted a link for free tickets to the new location. (Yes, I'll put the link at the end of this post for our lovely readers' enjoyment.:o) The coupon offers two free admissions to a movie at the SMG at Zona. You simply print it off and take it to the ticket counter. The only stipulations are that the tickets must be for the same movie/showtime, so you can not use one for Tuesday and one for Wednesday. So take a friend or date! We arrived early, not really knowing what to expect. After giving them our coupon, they handed us a menu and showed us to our theater. We saw The Ghost Writer. We were the only ones in the theater at first, so we took our time checking out the 'lay of the land'. Well, let me rephrase. J took HIS time figuring out the optimum seating. :o) There are not as many seats as you would find in a regular theater, naturally, to accommodate the tables. Two chairs per table. When we were ready to order, after perusing their surprisingly large menu, we simply pressed the red button on the coaster tray. A server came and took our order, and we simply waited while watching the previews. The prices were honestly not that bad. I ordered a Dr. Pepper and the buffalo chicken strips, which were served with french fries. J ordered a pepperoni pizza and a side of the sweet potato fries, also with a Dr. P. The service was very prompt, and when we needed a refill, we simply pushed the service button again. The food was pretty good. No complaints from either of us. The portions were fairly large. Neither of us could finish our meals. I was not crazy about the chairs. J felt very comfortable in them, but I disliked that they were rolling chairs. They just felt a little out of place, but honestly, that is probably because it was just a new experience. We enjoyed the movie. It held my interest the whole time, but J thought it dragged a bit in the middle. I did NOT care for the ending, but I won't spoil it for you this time. All in all, it was a great date! We both had fun, it was a new experience, and it was a beautiful night to do some walking around Zona! The breeze reminded me of our trips to the coast, in Texas. Ocean, how I miss you! I will say, I'm not sure I'm crazy about the whole combining-dinner-with-the-movie thing. It basically limits all chance of conversation to the drive there and back. We'll be returning, however. I mean, how can you not? You don't have to miss the movie to go refill your drink, and it's at LEAST a dollar less per drink than your average AMC or Dickinson theater! After the movie, we swung by Walmart to pick up a new ironing board, and ended up purchasing a few items that we'll be reviewing this week. FYI: Walmart @ Barry Road offers the Shark Professional Electronic Iron (model Gi490) for only $29.96! (Recent rollback from $39.86. So recent, that it did not ring up correctly and the cashier had to walk over with J to verify. She could not believe that they were selling it at such a low price, but lo and behold, it was no mistake!) Target=$49.99. Sears=$51.99. We honestly were not in the market for an iron, but could not pass the deal up. I plan to use it tonight and will review it tomorrow. I didn't see many on the shelf, and I do not know if the price is uniform at all Walmarts in our area. In fact, even Walmart.com shows the price at $39.86. So perhaps it is a mistake, but if you are in the market for an iron, I'd head over tomorrow. :o) Even at the online price, that's a steal. Free Movie Tickets @ SMG @ Zona!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia